Feb 16, 2008

February 9th - 16th: The Decision



Based on the survey results of 7 and 8 year olds at a local elementary school, I've decided on a game and a system: Mario Kart and Nintendo DS Lite.

Mario Kart was a very popular December video game seller, and DS was one of the most popular systems sold in the year 2007. The survey I conducted of 7 and 8 year olds at a local elementary school revealed that most children had played Mario Games and that most children owned the Nintendo DS system.

The DS system comes in a variety of colors including pink, black, blue and white. I wanted pink. After visiting a few local stores, to no avail, I decided to "let my fingers do the walking." I enquired by phone at several stores and was unable to locate a pink DS Lite, so I settled on a black one. Mario Kart was available at every store where I tried to purchase the pink DS game system.

I am on a personal quest to try to figure out how to play Mario Kart without reading the manuel.

Immediately, I got into the Time Trial mode, trying to out best my time on various tracks, for hours (literally) on end. It was kind of like a "tetris trance". Scary.

No comments:

Most Frequently Mentioned Video Game

On Thursday 2/06/08 I conducted a survey asking 39 first and second grade boys and girls which video games they liked to play. Eighty-Five percent (85%) mentioned this game. Click on the PLAY link below to play a version of this very popular game.