Mar 3, 2008

Monday March 3, 2008



CW and I had a WFC (Wi-Fi Connection) Match tonight. CW was very excited since last night's session didn't pan out because of connectivity issues. All that's squared away now so we're on our way to some real competition. Tonight we played 3 rounds of the Grand Prix. My record is already quite dismal. 3 wins and 6 losses. Each round includes 4 races on the courses of your choosing. We each get to make choices for the courses we'd like to play, but you have to be quick to choose, since the first to input a choice wins the draw. For some reason, I did not perform quite as well in competition as I do in Time Trials on my own. Hmmm...

At one point in the competition, my son came running upstairs to tell me that CW's older brother had just IM'ed him with a message. Apparently, at his house CW was laughing his head off, exclaiming and inviting everyone in the house to come and watch him beat Mrs. Cleary "bad" in Mario Kart. I really was trying my hardest, keeping in mind all the "physics" of the game. Alas, it didn't seem to make a difference. We have another date set for Wednesday evening of this week. In the meantime, I will practice every chance I get.

No comments:

Most Frequently Mentioned Video Game

On Thursday 2/06/08 I conducted a survey asking 39 first and second grade boys and girls which video games they liked to play. Eighty-Five percent (85%) mentioned this game. Click on the PLAY link below to play a version of this very popular game.